Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2020

OMV: Locked users overview

Since a few months I received the following mail from OMV (4.1.35-1 / Arrakis) powered NAS:

Subject:
[nas01.karellen.local] Locked users overview


Body:
The following users are locked/banned or are candidates for too many failed login attempts:

Login           Failures Latest failure     From
xxxxxx             1    04/27/20 16:24:57  unknown

You can reset their counters and unlock them via the omv-firstaid command.


xxxxxx is my personal user id, so I didn't cared too much about it.
Obviously the solution is already announced in the mail, reset the counter via omv-firstaid command. So I logged as root into my NAS and ran the command:

# omv-firstaid

Which showed the following menu:

The fourth menu entry looked promising already ("Reset failed login attempt counter"):

So I selected it and the reset counter was set to zero again with the following message:

Reset failed login attempt counter for user 'xxxxxx'.

All too easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment